In summary, Safer Pathway seeks to:
- identify victims early and provide an immediate service response,
- wrap support services around victims to build safety and reduce the potential for death, disability or injury as a result of domestic violence,
- encourage the use of a common threat assessment tool to manage threats collaboratively,
- establish a single, streamlined referral pathway for all victims of domestic violence,
- provide a seamless service system response and local case coordination to address domestic violence threats and enable victims' recovery, and
- address serious threats to the life, health or safety of victims, any children or other persons through a multi-agency response.